Re: Problem while compiling gnustep base

From: PERON Stéphane
Subject: Re: Problem while compiling gnustep base
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 16:38:00 -0400 (EDT)

> > ../Source/shared_obj/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnustep-base.so:
> > undefined reference to `__fixunsdfdi@GCC_3.0'
> > ../Source/shared_obj/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnustep-base.so:
> > undefined reference to `__fixunssfdi@GCC_3.0'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> The above missing symbols are from the compilers own library (can't
> remember
> its name).
> I think they indicate an incorrect/incomplete compiler installation.
> Try ensuring that the compiler libraries are instaled in one of the
> standard system library locations, or perhaps upgrade to a more recent
> compiler version ... where the compiler might install its own libraries
> correctly.

I think it is probably due to the error messages that I have met yesterday
while compiling gcc-3.0.4 !!
In fact, I didn't found gc.h while compiling objective module !
(cf my yesterday mail)

I have remplaced in many files the include  <gc.h> by
<../boehm-gc/include/gc.h> for gcc resume the compilation.

I know it is crazy but has someone any idea to fix the problem in a
cleaner way ?

Did someone already compiled gcc-3.0.4 with obj-c support ?

Thankkkks ...

Stef