Re: Proposal question.

From: Christian Edward Gruber
Subject: Re: Proposal question.
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 16:32:57 -0400

I wasn't thinking.  You did mention it, though I didn't get it at the time.
Upon consideration and clarification, I'm alright with that, since Library
and Tools are things I have in my home-dir anyway, in the form of ~/lib and
~/bin.  I can easily (and happily) reorient myself to using the former.

As to WindowMaker, I'll be submitting notices and patches to some of other
GNUsteppish apps' ports-tree maintainers, so that they behave consistently
across the platform.  I just suggest that if GNUstep uses a different
layout, that these programs's authors be given notices of the layout, and if
we are really nice, patches.  Better, is to give them patches to make the
layouts configurable at compile time.  That way, rpm-builders and
ports/package maintainers etc. can keep things on their platform consistent.

regards,
Christian.