Re: GNUstep.sh in /etc/profile

From: Gregory Martin Pfeil
Subject: Re: GNUstep.sh in /etc/profile
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 15:16:27 -0700

On Wednesday, May 8, 2002, at 02:50  PM, Andreas Hoeschler wrote:

I have the entry

        . /opt/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

in /etc/profile and use bash for all users. If I log in as ahoesch the PATH variable is correctly set according to GNUstep.sh. When I log in as root, it works as well. However, if I log in as ahoesch and then su to root, the PATH variable does not get set and I have to manually call ". /opt/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh". Why is this the case? This is on Solaris 8. How can this be fixed?

You either want to su with a login shell (su -l), or add the GNUstep.sh to /etc/bashrc