Re: Look & feel, future plans

From: Gregory Martin Pfeil
Subject: Re: Look & feel, future plans
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 14:00:01 -0700

On Wednesday, May 8, 2002, at 04:43  AM, Damian Steer wrote:
Hmm. I think almost always a good thing - keeps dialogs with parents,
doesn't block other app windows etc. However they can be abused, I
guess. I certainly wouldn't use them for image manipulation, for
example.

I have to agree with Damian. I haven't yet run into a problem with Modal Sheets. Since they are modal, there's no way to edit the underlying window. And at least on the applications I've used, the information in the dialog has been clear and complete. In fact, in our office (which has largely moved from Linux/Solaris development to OS X) Modal Sheets are one of the favorite features.