Re: GNUmakefile.preamble for a library

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GNUmakefile.preamble for a library
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 23:45:04 +0200

Andreas Hoeschler wrote:

..._TOOL_LIBS is to be replaced with _GUI_LIBS if Logtest is an application versus a tool. However, what if LogTest itself is a library that depends on FBCAccess? I tried

ADDITIONAL_OBJCFLAGS += -Wall
FBAcces_LIB_LIBS += -lFBCAccess
FBAccess_INCLUDE_DIRS += -I/opt/FrontBase/include/
FBAccess_LIB_DIRS += -L/opt/FrontBase/lib/

Does this make sense? Is ..._LIB_LIBS a valid key? When I try to build library FBAccess I get

You usually use
 LIBRARY_NAME=libFBAccess
 libFBAccess_LIB_DIRS
 libFBAccess_INCLUDE_DIRS
and, your question ;-)
 libFBAccess_LIBRARIES_DEPEND_UPON += -lFBCAccess.

In file included from FBExecHandler.m:3:
FBExecHandler.h:4:37: warning: FBCAccess/FBDatabaseDefs.h: No such file or directory

In this case FBDatabaseDefs.h could not be located which is likely the reason for all your other problems. Ensure that it exists in one of your include paths.

It may also be the case that the FrontBase header files are incomplete, I got this before (btw did you notice that my adaptor is available at ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/gnustep/contrib/ ? it may not work with gstep-base, but at least it's a starting point ...)

Greetings
 Helge