Re: Quartz Extreme; OS X to use OpenGL for all drawing

From: Magnus Lofgren
Subject: Re: Quartz Extreme; OS X to use OpenGL for all drawing
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 20:02:09 +0100

On 2002-05-07 07:32:25 +0100 Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk>
wrote:

Not that I know of ... but you could always write one.
The point of the GNUstep backend structure is to make it as easy as possible
for people to contribute
different backends.

Yes, I've actually been planning it for quite some time now, the thing is, I
have VERY little free time, and If I would engage such a project now, it could
take forever. Besides, I never really got into serious programming, but I'm
struggling to find some motivation (and some good resources/tutorials).
Btw, the word on the street is that MS is doing something similar for longhorn,
but with Direct3D, as one might have guessed.