Unable to load backend libgnustep-xgps.bundle

From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: Unable to load backend libgnustep-xgps.bundle
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 15:38:10 +0200

Hi all,

I have "successfully" built GNUstep on Solaris. I can compile and run tools. However, whener I try to start any application with openapp I get

bash-2.03$ openapp PanelTest.app
May 01 16:28:32 PanelTest[20558] NSApplication.m:194 Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend. Unable to load backend libgnustep-
xgps.bundle
/home/ahoesch/Development/GNUstep/Apps/PanelTest/PanelTest.app/sparc/solaris2.
8/gnu-gnu-gnu/PanelTest: Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: NSApplication.m:194 Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend. Unable to load backend libgnustep-xgps.bundle

What could have gone wrong during the installation? I followed the current build guide but a file "libgnustep-xgps.bundle" could not be found in /opt/GNUstep.

Thanks a lot,

  Andreas