ANNOUNCE: Pantomime 1.0.3

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Pantomime 1.0.3
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:37:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm glad to announce the release of Pantomime 1.0.3.

Pantomime provides a set of Objective-C classes that model
a mail system. Pantomime can be seen as a JavaMail 1.2 clone
written in Objective-C.

Pantomime provides the following features:

o A full MIME encoder and decoder;
o A 'folder view' to local mailboxes (Berkeley Format),
  POP3 accounts or IMAP mailboxes;
o A powerful API to work on all aspects of Message objects;
o A local mailer and a SMTP conduit for sending messages;
o APOP support and SMTP AUTH support;
o SSL support for IMAP and POP3 connections;
o and more!

Pantomime works well on Apple Mac OS X/Cocoa and GNUstep.
Pantomime is free and is distributed under the LGPL.

Here is a short list of what changed since the last release
of Pantomime:

o IMAP support was greatly improved. It now supports folder
  subscription (unsubscription), create, rename, delete,
  move/copy messages and more;
o SSL support was added for IMAP and POP3 using OpenSSL.
  This is a bundle that is loaded if needed (so you don't
  need OpenSSL in order to compile/use Pantomime);
o format=flowed was improved;
o lots of optimizations were made to most classes;
o added more charsets support, added iconv support for
  GNUstep and Core Foundation support on Apple Mac OS X;
o fixed bugs and refactored a lot code.

You can get Pantomime 1.0.3 here:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/pantomime/

Here's a list of what needs to be improved for the next release:

o Add support for RFC850 (USENET messages);
o Add Mail-Followup-To support;
o Better SSL support (multiplexed I/O and more);
o Support other mailbox format like mh, maildir, Mail.app.

Contributions are very welcomed for all those items.

I would like to thank Francis Lachapelle and Alexander Malmberg
who helped me getting this release done.

Thanks a lot,
                Ludovic

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.