Re: Serious GDNC problem

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Serious GDNC problem
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:42:42 +0100

On Monday, April 22, 2002, at 02:08 PM, Stefan Urbanek wrote:
Distributed notifications are supposed to be shared between different
applications on the same workstation, not between applications on
different workstations.

So if your application is displaying to another workstation, your tool
needs
to be started up to use that workstation too (assuming you want them to
chare a notification center).

So in this case it looks like you need to start your tool with
-NSHost shine.dcs.elf.stuba.sk

Thank you very much.

I think, this should be placed somewhere in GNUstep documentation.

One question: Is it possible to choose particular
NSDistributedNotificationCenter? I am connecting to a server (tool) and
I also want to observe notifications from that sever. Server does not
have to know, from where I would like to observe notifications.

Only by using the -NSHost argument to tell the tool that it's running 'on'
another host - in which case it will try to connect to the server for the
named workstation.