Re: Application launching and pasteboard slow down

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Application launching and pasteboard slow down
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:03:28 +0100

On Thursday, April 18, 2002, at 12:38 AM, Fred Kiefer wrote:

Since this change gdnc is no longer working on my Windows 2000 machine, even after rebuilding GNUstep. When I start an application it cannot connect to the already running gdnc and starts a new one and keeps on doing this for each notification it is trying to send. This gets a bit annoying as it also pops up a window to tell my that it cannot contact gdnc.
gdomap seems to work and there is only one running at any time.

Fred

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

I have added an autoconf check for the SO_REUSEADDR bug in the base library, and modified the networking code to use the simple workaround of not using SO_REUSEADDR on systems where it is broken (windoze, some FreeBSDs, and some
versions of Solaris AFAIK).

Thanks, config.h was not being included in gdomap under windoze ... now fixed in CVS.