Re: Bundle installation

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Bundle installation
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 22:46:48 +0100 (BST)

> It *should* be a SMOP for -make to transform a "xxx_FRAMEWORKS" to a group of
> -I{s,n,l}/Library/Frameworks/FRAMEWORK.framework/Headers (instead of
> symlinking it into the main Headers directory).
>
> Separately, xxx_FRAMEWORKS_LINKED should probably transform into
> -L{s,n,l}/Library/Frameworks/FRAMEWORK.framework/Versions/Current -lFRAMEWORK
> instead of the install symlinking into [whatever]/Libraries

How would you run such a program ?

When you run the program, the dynamic linker needs to find the libraries
you linked against.

Since {s,n,l,u}/Library/Frameworks/FRAMEWORK.framework/Versions/Current is
not in the dynamic linker path, the libraries will never be found and your
program will compile, but it will never run.