Re: Compile error on gnustep-back

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Compile error on gnustep-back
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 20:56:32 -0700

Fred Kiefer wrote:

I get another error while compiling back. Wraster is installed on my
Linux system and found by configure the header wraster.h is in
/usr/X11R6/include and configure seems to know this. But that include
directory is not used by the GNUmakefile. This results in my wraster.h
file not being found.

Fixed.

We should also update the files for our local wraster copy. This files
are rather old and the official wraster in WindowMaker did correct a few
bugs in them. And I am not that sure, if those files really belong in
the x11 module and not better in the xlib section, as most X backends
wont use the bitmap processing from here. In x11 we only need the
RContext structure, but even that mostly for the xlib backend.

Actually it's really just used to get a good visual and colormap (which is for the x11 part) and color information. Perhaps I should just rewrite that part.
The image reading is only used if you have libwraster.

All the new GNUmakefiles in back again lost the -Wall flag, which
although introduced quite recently was very helpful.

Fixed. also.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you