ANNOUNCE: Pantomime 1.0.2

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Pantomime 1.0.2
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 17:48:25 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'm glad to announce the release of Pantomime 1.0.2.

Pantomime provides a set of Objective-C classes that model
a mail system. Pantomime can be seen as a JavaMail 1.2 clone
written in Objective-C.

Pantomime provides the following features:

    * A full MIME encoder and decoder ;
    * A 'folder view' to local mailboxes (Berkeley Format),
      POP3 accounts or IMAP mailboxes ;
    * A powerful API to work on all aspects of Message objects ;
    * A local mailer and a SMTP conduit for sending messages ;
    * APOP support and SMTP AUTH support ;
    * and more!

Pantomime works well on Apple Mac OS X/Cocoa and GNUstep.
Pantomime is free and is distributed under the LGPL.

Here is a short list of what changed since the last release
of Pantomime:

   * Now supports 8-bit messages ;
   * SMTP AUTH support (LOGIN, PLAIN, CRAM-MD5) ;
   * Added a retain period feature for POP3 for leaving messages
     on server for X days before being deleted ;
   * Added non-blocking I/O to send/receive operations in
     the TCPConnection class ;
   * Added initial support for IMAP/POP3 URL Scheme ;
   * Added uudecode support to MimeUtility ;
   * Added more test cases ;
   * Refactored a lot of classes, fixed memory
     leaks, fixed bugs and improved the performance.

You can get Pantomime 1.0.2 here:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/pantomime/

Here's a list of what needs to be improved for the next release:

   * IMAP folder subscription ;
   * SSL support for IMAP and POP3 ;
   * Subfolder support for LocalStore/LocalFolder ;
   * Better exception handling in case of network failures.

Contributions are very welcomed for all those items.

I would like to thank Francis Lachapelle and Alexander Malmberg
who helped me getting this release done.

Thanks a lot,
                Ludovic

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.