Re: GNUStep and Windows NT

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GNUStep and Windows NT
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 06:33:41 +0000

On Friday, March 22, 2002, at 10:38 PM, Roberto J Dohnert wrote:

Is there a version of GNUStep for WinNT or are there any in the works its a project I would be interested in starting if I would see some interest in that direction.  And also are there any Objective C compilers and other Obj C dev tools out there now for Windows NT that anyone on this list may know of ?

You can build the latest CVS code for GNUstep base under windows ... should work for NT,2000,XP Testing, bugfixes, implementartion of missing features etc would be appreciated.

The gui backend library is being worked on, but there's nothing available yet.

Use the MinGW version of gcc in the MSYS environment for compiling ObjC

Read Documentation/README.MinGW in the GNUstep make package for details.