Re: How small could you get GnuStep?

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: How small could you get GnuStep?
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:58:27 +0100

Tim Harrison wrote:
Notably both, gtk+ and Qt have framebuffer based interfaces, I'm not sure whether that would be a "market" for GNUstep. It could be, if GNUstep would provide superior PDA applications. In theory this shouldn't be too difficult with DGS ?

I heard, at one point, that someone was looking into GNUstep and DirectFB, but it was only a rumour at the time. There was a small discussion about it on the #GNUstep channel the other day.

When I reread my posting and saw the DGS word, I know why it won't work ;-) The reason why X11 isn't used in Qtopia is, that X11 is far too heavyweight for PDA resources. Well, DGS is probably 10 times more heavyweight ...

Greetings
 Helge
--
SKYRIX Software AG     - http://www.skyrix.com
Visit us at CeBIT 2002 - hall 6 / booth H 39/1