ANN : Encod.app 0.1

From: Peron, Stéphane
Subject: ANN : Encod.app 0.1
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:08:41 +0100

I am pleased to annonce the first release of Encod.app.

It is a my first Gnustep application, so, be gentle if I have made big
mistakes in the source code.

What is Encod ?

Encod is a Gnustep front-end that will allow to extract tracks from audio-cd
and encod them in the compression audio format ( such as ogg vorbis, mp3 ,
etc ...) wanted.

The aim of Encod is to be one of the intuitivest gui encoder.

It actually use 3 librairies (libcdaudio, cdparanoia, libvorbis) for audio
access. So, Encod is written in Objective-c and in c to access these
librairies.

For this first release of Encod, I would like to focus on the fact that
Encod :
1 - does not support SCSI cd-roms, only ATAPI cd-roms
2 - can eject and close the cd-rom
3 - can see a content of an audio-cd
4 - can listen each track by selecting it before clicking on the play button
5 - allow to modify the name of each track by double clicking on
6 - can Encod only in .ogg format  for the time being
7 - has a preference panel to specify target directory of encoded files, the
kbits rate and more ...
8 - support english and french

Coming soon :
1 - scsi support
2 - beautiful icons
3 - cddb support

You can get Encod.app at :
http://s.peron.free.fr/GNUStep/Encod.0.1.tar.gz

Don't forget to install libcdaudio, cdparanoia, libvorbis before making
installation.

You can find a screenshot at :
http://s.peron.free.fr/GNUStep/screenshot1_encod.jpg

I would like to thanks the following people getting this release done by
sending suggestions, patchs and more : Nicola Pero, Fred Kiefer, Nicolas
Roard, Vincent Ricard and in particularly Pierre-Yves Rivailles and Ludovic
Marcotte.

Naturally, feel free of sending suggestions, bug reports, ...., and
localizable.strings to help me internationalize Encod ;-) .

Thanks a Lot

Stef

Ce message contient des informations confidentielles ou appartenant au
Crédit Lyonnais et est établi à l'intention exclusive de ses
destinataires. Toute divulgation, utilisation, diffusion ou reproduction
(totale ou partielle) de ce message, ou des informations qu'il contient,
doit être préalablement autorisée. Tout message électronique est
susceptible d'altération et son intégrité ne peut être assurée.
Le Crédit Lyonnais décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce
message s'il a été modifié ou falsifié. Si vous n'êtes pas
destinataire de ce message, merci de le détruire immédiatement et
d'avertir l'expéditeur de l'erreur de distribution et de la destruction
du message.

This e-mail contains confidential information or information belonging
to Crédit Lyonnais and is intended solely for the addressees.
The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either whole
or partial) of this e-mail, or any information it contains, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity cannot be guaranteed.
Crédit Lyonnais shall not be liable for this e-mail if modified or falsified.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it
immediately from your system and notify the sender of the wrong delivery
and the mail deletion.