Re: Cocoa To GnuStep port questions

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: Cocoa To GnuStep port questions
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:27:08 +0100

> Could this hand crafted assembler code be grafted onto the standard GNU objc
> runtime? Or is the GNU runtime too different to benefit from these
> optimizations?

I wrote a hand optimized objc_msg_lookup() a while back (i386 assembly).
It did reduce time a fair amount relatively, but not much in actual
clock cycles. There was a big thread on all this back in september last
year ('objective-c: how slow ?') that has lots of details. If there's
any interest, I could update it for gcc v3.0 and upload it somewhere
again.

> Cheers,
>
> Michael

- Alexander Malmberg