Re: switch to XHTML

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: switch to XHTML
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 14:03:13 +0000

> Because it was intended to be written by humans, for other humans to read,
> write, and modify.

I guess we draw opposite conclusions from the same starting point then. I
totally agree with the above, but (for me) being human means that being
used to inserting capitals and small letters as appropriate is second nature
and is something I have been taught as part of writing my own language
from a very early stage.

> readable than ASCII. You don't ask people to type English email messages in
> all lowercase, or all uppercase, do you?

No, I expect them to be case sensetive and put capitals in where appropriate
and small letters where appropriate. I certainly dont think they would find
it easier to write emails if I let then mix case arbitrarily throughout it (and
I woULd fInD IT mUCh HArdEr TO ReaD if ThEY DID)

:-)

Anyway, its intersting to see another viewpoint on this, so I guess
my question was answered.

-bat.