Preferred build tool

From: Gregory Martin Pfeil
Subject: Preferred build tool
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 13:57:53 -0800

As I'm looking at porting ObjcUnit from OS X, I was wondering what you guys think is a more suitable build tool.

I was raised on make, and used it exclusively until a few months ago when I was put on a Java project. Although I initially balked at ant, I've found it to be much cleaner and generally better than make.

Should I stick with make for ObjC stuff, or is ant acceptable these days?