Re: import vs include Re: Porting autogsdoc to OSX

From: Dirk Theisen
Subject: Re: import vs include Re: Porting autogsdoc to OSX
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:30:06 +0100 (Europe/Berlin)

Hello, Pascal!

What about just compiling with -DSTRICT_OPENSTEP?

Well,  last  time  I  checked,  it  had  problems...  This  should  be
addressed; I'll test again with a fresh cvs update.

I used this define in porting GSWeb and I set it to 1. This caused the compiler to throw warnings and to not use the precompiled headers of Apples foundation (which undefs this, as it seems). This made compiling this fairly large project unacceptably slow on my notebook. I finall replaced it by OPENSTEP_STRICT which is not used by Apple and made me productive again. I now read that there is also STRICT_MACOS_X. I am using this one now and it seems to work OK.

I think we need a better solution as this one also has problems.

Regards,
   Dirk

--

Dirk Theisen <d.theisen@objectpark.org>
Diplominformatiker

University of Bonn, Institute of Computer Science III
Römerstr. 164, D-53117 Bonn (Germany)
Tel. +4922873-4504 (Fax: -4382)