Re: import vs include Re: Porting autogsdoc to OSX

From: Dirk Theisen
Subject: Re: import vs include Re: Porting autogsdoc to OSX
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:29:59 +0100 (Europe/Berlin)

Hi, Helge!

I'm also amazed that MIME and XML functionality is put into gstep-
base. Why does a *Foundation* library require XML and MIME
functionality ??? Hm. Gstep-base is IMHO radically violating the one
major feature of OpenStep, portability between Foundations. That way
you will never reach MacOSX developers ...

I feel quite the same (although they reached me anyway :-)).
However, I have the impression that these additions are historical artefacts and that the GS people are willing to conform to the public OpenStep or OS X API.

During our porting of GSWeb, I build three frameworks out of the code I found in GS/GSWeb:

GSXML,
GSFoundationExtensions and
gsantlr

I already send the second to Marcus Müller. It is probably not complete, since it only contains the extensions GSWeb needs. It would be great, if we could maintain this (or a similar) Framework in a portable way (including the .pbroj project file used by the Apple Environment) and the GNUMakefiles.

Anyone interested, just contact me.

Regards,
  Dirk

--

Dirk Theisen <d.theisen@objectpark.org>
Diplominformatiker

University of Bonn, Institute of Computer Science III
Römerstr. 164, D-53117 Bonn (Germany)
Tel. +4922873-4504 (Fax: -4382)