Re: Porting autogsdoc to OSX

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Porting autogsdoc to OSX
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:47:25 +0100

On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, at 05:31 PM, Adam Fedor wrote:

Since we are talking about a limited number of files (in this case, only autogsdoc, and the XML parser files), and at least autogsdoc files always have '#include <Foundation/Foundation.h>', we could put in something like

#ifdef MACOSX_COMPATIBILITY
#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
#else
#include <Foundation/Foundation.h>
#endif

Well, I read through the archive (as Nicola proposed) and now do understand the problems with #import. The above proposal would certainly be feasible in the example of autogsdoc, but then again every GNUstep application would have to use such a construct in order to maintain Mac OS X compatibility - not that desirable I guess. Isn't there a better way to do it? (One that could convince more people to adopt such a mechanism)

Cheers,

  Marcus

--
Marcus Mueller  .  .  .  crack-admin/coder ;-)
Mulle kybernetiK  .  http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com