Re: GNUstep on Mac OS X and Win98

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Mac OS X and Win98
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:02:41 +0000 (GMT)

> >On Darwin, is it expected to use the Apple runtime environment
> >or the GNUstep environment? Is there any difference once all
> >Apple patches are in the public gcc?
>
> yes, you have to configure it like:
>
> ./configure --with-library-combo=nx-gnu-gnu-xgps --prefix=/opt/GNUstep

./configure --with-library-combo=nx-gnu-gnu --prefix=/opt/GNUstep

But if you use a new installation of GCC, why not use the GNU runtime on
Darwin as well ?  You are not forced to use the Apple runtime.  I think
new GCCs can switch the runtime on the fly, so you can use the same GCC to
compile code for the two different runtimes.  The GNU runtime is shipped
by default with GCC, so it shouldn't be a problem to install it.  That
might simplify things a lot.

Disclaimer: I never actually used an Apple machine, so take my suggestions
with much care. :-)