Re: GNUstep on Mac OS X and Win98

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Mac OS X and Win98
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:48:58 +0100

>As an intermediate step I'm currently trying to get GNUstep to
>work on OS X - I'm running into trouble, I'll report later ...

GNUstep on Mac OS X/Darwin is still in the progress of beeing ported.
Meanwhile GNUstep base (Foundation) compiles under Darwin with the stock
compiler (Apple patched gcc 2.95.2), but has some limitations due to bugs
in this compiler (which won't get fixed, instead the solution is to use
gcc3, which had similar bugs that already got fixed) I didn't try to
compile GNUstep base with gcc3 since I have this compiler just since
yesterday, but will do so the next days. If you get GNUstep base compiled,
expect that there are still some bugs in it (at least Adam Fedor
experienced some memory alingment troubles which need to be worked out).

>Have fun,
>Markus

greetings, Lars