problem building xgps

From: David Relson
Subject: problem building xgps
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:58:17 -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to build xgps and encountering problems because make can't find include files AppKit/*.h

/usr/src/GNUstep/core/xgps has the source code

/usr/local/GNUstep is my GNUSTEP_ROOT (installation directory).

/usr/src/GNUstep/core/gui/Headers/AppKit is a symlink to gnustep/gui (as created by target header-links in core/gui/GNUmakefile.postamble). gnustep/gui has all the files that the compiler can't find.

Some possible solutions would be:

1: alter the makefile for xgps to point to /usr/src/GNUstep/core/gui/Headers
2: create a symlink from $GNUSTEP_ROOT/System/Headers/AppKit to /usr/src/GNUstep/core/gui/Headers/AppKit during "make install" for core/gui. 3: make directory $GNUSTEP_ROOT/System/Headers/AppKit and copy all files in core/gui into it.

The first solution is poor because it won't help with building other GNUstep applications that need the AppKit header files.

The second solution requires that GNUstep source directories remain installed.

Thus I conclude that the third solution is best.

David
David Relson                   Osage Software Systems, Inc.
relson@osagesoftware.com       Ann Arbor, MI 48103
www.osagesoftware.com          tel:  734.821.8800