Re: How to build GNUstep with a non standard compiler?

From: Lele Gaifax
Subject: Re: How to build GNUstep with a non standard compiler?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:26:48 +0100

    LS> I finally got gcc3 to build on Darwin (although just ObjC, I
    LS> did it with "../gcc3/configure --prefix=/tmp/gcc3
    LS> --enable-languages=objc" and then "make CC='cc
    LS> -no-cpp-precomp' bootstrap"). Now I have gcc installed, in
    LS> /tmp/gcc3 and want to use it to compile GNUstep with it.  The
    LS> question is now: how do I get ./configure of GNUstep to
    LS> recognize this compiler? Can I pass it trough a command line
    LS> argument to ./configure?

CC=/tmp/gcc3 ./configure

should do the trick. I think it's fundamental while
building/installing the `makefiles' kit, after that I guess your
choice is stored in the Makefiles too, but I'm not sure.

hth, bye, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax   | Quando vivro' di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas   | comincero' ad aver paura di chi mi copia.