Re: Compound views and hitTest:

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Compound views and hitTest:
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 06:51:44 +0000

On Thursday, February 14, 2002, at 06:17 PM, Stefan Urbanek wrote:

Hi,

While working with gorm, I noticed, that when you are connecting to a views such as NSBrowser, NSScrollView(with NSTextView) or a NSTableView, you can connect to any subview (NSScroller, NSTableHeaderView,...) of that view. I
would expect connection to that compound view.

I think, that this should be handled in hitTest: method, that should be
overridden in NSTableView, NSBrowser... to return 'self' and not to look
through subviews.

Or, is current behavior right?

The current behavior of the views is correct ... the Gorm code needs to be
modified to walk up the view hierarchy until it finds a view it 'owns',
rather than simply accepting the unmodified value returned by hitTest: