Re: bug in NSUserDefaults

From: Erik Dalen
Subject: Re: bug in NSUserDefaults
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:43:47 +0100

On 2002-02-10 23:05:42 +0000 Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk>
wrote:

On Sunday, February 10, 2002, at 01:06 PM, Jeff Teunissen wrote:

> Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

>> Because that's not the standard location.  The GNUstep directory is used
>> as standard to keep things clearly in one place ... it's up to the user
>> to then mess that up if they wish :-)

> The "standard location" is not (or perhaps "should not be") ~/GNUstep -- it's

> whatever the admin chose when he/she configured it.There's currently no
configuration option to change it - so I'd call it standard :-)

Well, the user-root option *should* change it. but it only partly changes it.

another issue I noticed with this is that make_services builds the service list
in $GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT/Services , but GNUstep apps will look for services in
~/GNUstep/Services

So if the GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT is anything else than ~/GNUstep , Services won't
work..
I'd definitely call that a bug.

/Erik