Re: Announce GWorkspace 0.3

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: Announce GWorkspace 0.3
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:01:25 +0100

Have it running on Mac OS X. The bundles copying problem is solved too
(with the help of cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com), it was just adding the
created bundles (from the Products folder in Project Builders file pane)
to the MainApplication target and making the bundles's targets subtargets
of it (for making shure the bundles get compiled first).

Here are the diffs so far (not much):

diff -r GWorkspace030.original/Viewers/BrowserViewer/BrowserViewer.m
GWorkspace/Viewers/BrowserViewer/BrowserViewer.m
34a35
> NSString *GWFileSystemWillChangeNotification =
@"GWFileSystemWillChangeNotification";
diff -r GWorkspace030.original/Viewers/IconsViewer/IconsViewer.m
GWorkspace/Viewers/IconsViewer/IconsViewer.m
35a36
> /*
39a41,50
> */
> NSString *GWFileSystemWillChangeNotification =
@"GWFileSystemWillChangeNotification";
> NSString *GWFileSystemDidChangeNotification =
@"GWFileSystemDidChangeNotification";
> NSString *GWDidSetFileAttributesNotification =
@"GWDidSetFileAttributesNotification";
> NSString *GWSortTypeDidChangeNotification =
@"GWSortTypeDidChangeNotification";

> /* Geometry Notifications */
> NSString *GWBrowserColumnWidthChangedNotification =
@"GWBrowserColumnWidthChangedNotification";
> NSString *GWShelfCellsWidthChangedNotification =
@"GWShelfCellsWidthChangedNotification";
> NSString *GWIconsCellsWidthChangedNotification =
@"GWIconsCellsWidthChangedNotification";
41a53
> /*
46a59,64
> */
> NSString *GWorkspaceCreateFileOperation =
@"GWorkspaceCreateFileOperation";
> NSString *GWorkspaceCreateDirOperation =
@"GWorkspaceCreateDirOperation";
> NSString *GWorkspaceRenameOperation = @"GWorkspaceRenameOperation";
> NSString *GWorkspaceRecycleOutOperation =
@"GWorkspaceRecycleOutOperation";
> NSString *GWorkspaceEmptyRecyclerOperation =
@"GWorkspaceEmptyRecyclerOperation";
48a67
> /*
52a72,76
> */
> NSString *GWFileWatcherFileDidChangeNotification =
@"GWFileWatcherFileDidChangeNotification";
> NSString *GWWatchedDirectoryDeleted = @"GWWatchedDirectoryDeleted";
> NSString *GWFileDeletedInWatchedDirectory =
@"GWFileDeletedInWatchedDirectory";
> NSString *GWFileCreatedInWatchedDirectory =
@"GWFileCreatedInWatchedDirectory";

I know that's just a quick and dirty hack because those "extern"
definitions resulted in an "Undefined symbols"  error during the linking
of the bundles. How do you get this to work in your build process?

Greetings, Lars