Newbie runtime problem.

From: Peter W. Schmiedeskamp
Subject: Newbie runtime problem.
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 21:38:24 -0700

So, I have GNUStep all installed via the ports collection. I just compiled and install GNUMail and gworkspace. Everything seems to be going well so far.

My problem is when I try to run the programs I get the following:

bongwater}~> openapp GNUMail.app
Feb 08 04:33:31 GNUMail[1666] No local time zone specified.
Feb 08 04:33:31 GNUMail[1666] Using time zone with absolute offset 0.
Feb 08 04:33:31 GNUMail[1666] NSApplication.m:192 Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend. Unable to load backend, aborting Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: NSApplication.m:192 Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend. Unable to load backend, aborting

For reference (if it matters), I am running FreeBSD 4.5 with the newest "port" version of GNUstep (gnustep-base-1.1.0 GNUstep Foundation library
gnustep-gui-0.7.5   GNUstep GUI library
gnustep-make-1.2.1  GNUstep makefile package
gnustep-objc-1.1.0 A snapshot of libobjc, meant to be used with GNUstep)

Any ideas?  Is this cureable?

I'm not subscribed to this list, so if people would kindly cc me if they have an answer, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
Peter