Re: Newbie Question about the DBKit

From: Stephen Peters
Subject: Re: Newbie Question about the DBKit
Date: 27 Jan 2002 18:31:14 -0500

Martin Häcker <mhaecker@mac.com> writes:

> Also another question: It seems that the gdl (right this time? <g>)
> has no flat file Adoptor, although this seems to be the most
> requested feature (on the os x mailing list). How much knowledge of
> the DBKit or EOF would it take to write one? Or has it already been
> done?

I think it's sort of been done.  The gdl is based on EOF2, and I
believe that the Rhapsody release included an example flat file
adapter that worked with EOF2.  Haven't dug out that code and compiled
it with gdl yet, though, so it's anyone's guess how much hacking it
might need.

There also was a gdbm adapter, which was released under the GPL.
Can't remember whether it was for the DBKit or EOF, though.

--
Stephen L. Peters                                  portnoy@portnoy.org
  PGP fingerprint: A1BF 5A81 03E7 47CE 71E0  3BD4 8DA6 9268 5BB6 4BBE