Re: Patches for poll-based NSRunLoop

From: Jonathan B. Leffert
Subject: Re: Patches for poll-based NSRunLoop
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:21:13 -0800

On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 10:17:28AM +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

> I think I said 'almost trivial' - but that's from the point of view
> of someone who has been writing unix comms related software since before
> either select() or poll() existed (around 20 years), and is very familiar
> with NSRunLoop ... so I guess 'straightforward' may be more appropriate.

Please forgive, then, what is probably a naive question.  What is the
purpose of this patch?  Does poll generally scale better than select or is
it that poll has a more straightforward api?

Jonathan
--
Jonathan B. Leffert <jonathan@leffert.net> | "So now, less than five
years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and