Re: Gomoku.app ported to Mac OS X

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Gomoku.app ported to Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:14:40 +0000 (GMT)

> Nicola Pero, are you listening? Do you still maintain Gomoku.app? Aren't
> you interested to incorporate the changes into the main source tree?

Sorry for always answering late.

The application is GNU GPL, so you are absolutely free to distribute your
own version :-) as soon as you comply with the terms of the license of
course.

I'd be happy to incorporate changes allowing the application to run on
MacOS-X, if that helps merchandising GNUstep, with a single important
restriction - I don't want in my sources any file in a binary proprietary
format which I can't read - so no apple binary nibs - you need to make a
source-code only port.

As I said, if you want to make a nib-based port, you can still do it, I'm
not preventing you :-) - the license allows you to ignore my opinion and
produce your own separate nib-based version.

But please don't ask me to add apple binary nibs to my `official' version
of Gomoku.app - the app is free and I want everyone to be able to inspect
freely all the details of its internal workings, so no binary nibs in
proprietary undocumented formats.