GNUstep Weekly Editorial 04-01-2002

From: dennis
Subject: GNUstep Weekly Editorial 04-01-2002
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 06:38:50 +0100

                           Editorial 04 January 2002

   We are gonna start this editorial with: A Happy New Year to all of
   you! Due to the holiday season this editorial will cover two weeks.
   It's like a new years bonus, next to the special treat that most our
   European users must have received in the form of a complete new
   monetairy system. The Euro is here!

The mailing-lists

   On the developers list the drag-and-drop discussion went on between
   Willem Rein Oudshoorn and Fred Kiefer it seems like we can expect some
   changes after Fred has moved to England, say around the end of
   January. Good luck with the moving Fred.

   Martin Brecher rewrote the Developers Tools page on gnustep.org, and I
   must say he did a great job! This has as a result that the
   projectcenter.ch domain will shutdown. Thank you Philippe C.D. Robert,
   for maintaining and running it.

Code changes

   Richard Frith-Macdonald updated the autogsdoc tool.

   Adam Fedor updated a lot of code for the compatibility with
   NeXT/darwin. And added a atom for GNOME layer to xgps.

   Nicola Pero added a new tool call HTMLLinker and bugfixed some stuff
   in the gui library with help from Diego Luis Kreutz and Ludovic
   Marcotte.

   Fred Kiefer bugfixed some of the Copy and Paste code together with
   Willem Rein Oudshoor.

  Apps

   Philippe C.D. Robert has again taken up the Project Center project
   with a new release (0.2.6) and some new features. Check it out (CVS).

   Happy Stepping,
   Dennis Leeuw