Ann: Simply GNUstep Stage #1

From: cehardin
Subject: Ann: Simply GNUstep Stage #1
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:07:16 -1000

Hi,

I've been working on a whole new linux distro which will run gnustep exclusively. I'm happy to say that I now have an CD ISO image ready for download. This ISO image is bootable and utilizes a "live" filesystem. Since this cd will not access the HD in any way, it's a great way to introduce others to gnustep.

Eventually this CD will evolve into the installation CD of the Simply GNUstep System.

You can get the zipped ISO image at:
http://simplygnustep.sourceforge.net/

You'll need a Video Card that is VESA 2.0 compliant, and your mouse must be in the Ps/2 Aux port (no serial mice)

This bootable CD will NOT work on virtual machines such as VMWare because they don't virtualize the VESA video framebuffer.

Enjoy everybody and please, please, if you have any problems or suggestions at all, tell me about them!

Chad Hardin