Re: gnustep-guile and dynamic-link

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: gnustep-guile and dynamic-link
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:14:20 +0000

On Tuesday, December 18, 2001, at 11:00 AM, Nicola Pero wrote:

The gnustep-guile libraries are *not* linked against gnustep-base and
libobjc. The reason is easy - when gnustep-guile was written, libobjc was
a static library, so you couldn't really use it that way

It's wonderful how you can infer something better than I can remember it.
Now that you have jogged my memory, I do recall having major pains with
needing static library linkage in the past. I even remember putting
code in gstep-guile solely to ensure that all the classes in the base
library and gui libraries were linked in ... euch!