Re: implicitly creating custom views in Gorm?

From: e.sammer
Subject: Re: implicitly creating custom views in Gorm?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 23:23:15 -0500

Shellac wrote:

I might be wrong here, so apologies for wasting bandwidth if I am.

I think Eric and Adam are talking at cross purposes.

Eric wants to add an NSView (or subclass) to the object window,
i.e. create an instance of NSView only - not making it a subview of a
displayed element. Adam is talking about adding a custom view to the
interface. Is that correct?

that's exactly what i'm trying to do (thank you for the clarification). i'm not sure about when apple added this kind of functionality (as i'm under the impression it was not available on NeXT systems), but for the purposes of "view swapping" it's great. i mean, i could create an off screen panel to have a place to temporarily store the view, but it seems like a waste of resources (does anyone know how much system resources an NSPanel / NSWindow uses when off screen?).

--
eric.sammer
eric@lifeless.net