Re: Problem building from scratch... (SSL.bundle modification)

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Problem building from scratch... (SSL.bundle modification)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:40:56 +0000 (GMT)

> 1) gnustep-make/bundle.make will try to use /dev/sa0 (on FreeBSD
>    that's the entry for a tape). The problem is in line 293:
>
>      $(TAR) ch --exclude=$(BUNDLE_DIR_NAME)/Contents/Resources

thanks for reporting! - definitely useful - there is a --to-stdout option
on the next line which on my system does the same as `f -' - but from what
you say looks like it does not work on freebsd ?  I changed it back to `f
-' on CVS - as you suggest (I don't really know why I changed it to read
--to-stdout, my mistake - if an option works why touch it) -, let me know
if it works now, I suppose so if it worked before.

> 2) gnustep-make/Documentation/GNUmakefile.in is missing an
>
>      include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make
>
>    which prevents make to install the documentation correctly.

thanks !

I already worked on this file this morning and I think I fixed the
installation of gnustep-make documentation (which was reported broken in a
private email by Matthias Klose) _ can you please check if you still have
this problem with the latest gnustep-make from CVS, where it should be
fixed.