SSL support in GNUstep base.

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: SSL support in GNUstep base.
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 15:09:24 +0000

I've just made changes to move the support for SSL (using openssl) out of the main
UnixFileHandle class and into a separate bundle.

I think this should let us -
1. Keep anyone with legal or ideological concerns about building in dependencies
on software with licenses other than LGPL happy.
2. Give everyone SSL support by default.

The standard configuration should now build the SSL bundle by default, and the
base library should use it for https support.
However, the bundle should be freely replacable by an alternative implementation,
or removable (simply delete the bundle) without harming the library.

Please could people try this out and give me feedback ... it's actually the first time I've played with bundles other than trivial tests, so I may have missed
something.