Re: display ghostscript project

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: display ghostscript project
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 15:42:56 +0900 (JST)

> What is the current status on the DGS project?  Having looked at
> its homepage, I see that there hasn't been any news posted in over
> a year; is it still seeking volunteers?  I would be very eager to
> help work on the project, and while I have only some experience
> with PostScript, I am a very talented programmer and would love a
> chance to learn about it.

As Erik Dalen wrote, there is a DPS extension(Free DSP/X). However,
I think it is not easy to hack because it runs inside XFree86 server.
To develop the DPS extension, you might have to restart X server again
and again.

So, I started DGSNX. DGSNX is a wrapper for Free DSP/X. With DGSNX,
Free DSP/X runs as a standalone server. Therefore, it is easier to
hack. You might not have to restart X server during development.

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/discuss-gnustep/2001-October/013694.html

Its development activity is very low. Becaus, I lost interests to DGSNX.
But, there are source files:)