Need help porting old (very old) NeXT app

From: Damian Steer
Subject: Need help porting old (very old) NeXT app
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:39:15 +0000

Hi,

I'm considering porting a very old (but historically interesting) NeXT app to GNUStep. I've got the source code but it's pretty baffling (I've only ever used GNUStep and MacOS X). The odd bits are:

1) Classes start 'NX' not 'NS'

2) No project builder files at all - just IB.

This is from '91. I tried nib2gmodel on Mac OS X 10.1 (they need to clean up that naming ;-) but it reported the nib file as unsupported '2.x'. I'm guessing that IB used to maintain projects, and hoping that s/NX/NS/ will be sufficient to get most of the app working.

Any old NeXT types have any tips? Are there any other sources of information for prehistoric NeXT?

Thanks,

Damian