Re: NSConnection, TCP and compatibility

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: NSConnection, TCP and compatibility
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 20:37:40 +0100

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 03:32:41 -0500
"e.sammer" <eric@lifeless.net> wrote:
<snip>
> sadly, the ability to communicate between GS and MOSX apps is critical to the
> project i'm working on. it would seem that this is my only option if there's
> no
> way of using the "normal" implementation of NSConnection. has anyone else
> attempted such a framework? either way, i suppose i'm going to have to do
> this.
> blech... i hate finding out that the reusable code is not reusable... : )

If you do not need high speed communication then why not investigate in SOAP or
xml-rpc? I once wrote a SOAP server for a project within a short amount of time
using expat. This was kind of cool - and you could communicate with any
software talking SOAP, not just ObjC/Cocoa/GS apps.

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
Software Engineer