Re: GWorkspace porting troubles

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: GWorkspace porting troubles
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 02:23:50 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 LHelldorf@kabel.de wrote:

> >LHelldorf@kabel.de wrote:
> >

> >> GWorkspace.m: In function `+[GWorkspace gworkspace]':
> >> GWorkspace.m:92: `gnustep_global_lock' undeclared (first use in this
> >> function)
> >> GWorkspace.m:92: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> >>
> >> gnustep_global_lock is defined in NSObject.h (line 178: GS_EXPORT
> >> NSRecursiveLock *gnustep_global_lock;) and initialized in NSObject.m
> (line
> >> 603: gnustep_global_lock = [[NSRecursiveLock alloc] init];). Then
> >> GS_EXPORT also doesn't exist in Cocoa.
> >> How do I come out of this situation? How do I "bolt" those GNUstep
> >> extensions onto Cocoa's NSObject?
> >>

> >Um, personnally I don't think GWorkspace should be using
> >gnustep_global_lock. It's really something that should be exclusive to
> >the gnustep libraries. As they say, get your own d*mn lock :-)
>
> Something that I should possibly tell Enrico Sersale, the maintainer of
> GWorkspace. Anyway, I didn't have any response from him concerning my
> porting effort. Does somebody know if he is on discuss-gnustep@gnu.org or
> should I mail him directly?

Till now I've not given any response because the problem was not
gworkspace specific.

Regarding the gnustep_global_lock problem, I've replied, just now, in an
other mail.

Anyway, I'm very glad for your porting effort!

You can write to me about any gworkspace specific problem and I'll
cooperate, also changing the sources, if needed.