Re: NSPopUpButton

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSPopUpButton
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 00:17:55 +0200

Georg Fleischmann wrote:

> Enrico Sersale wrote:
> > Actually, is the NSPopUpButton code to be considered stable?
>
> With the cvs version from Oct 4th pop up menus still seem quite unreliable to
> me.
> Additionally pop up menu items loaded from a gmodel file appear disabled.

I would not consider NSPopUpButton that stable myself. As the
specification is not telling which object should be sending the action
method of a menu entry, this code might be wrong. Someone should do some
testing on different platforms to determine the expected behaviour.

As for the GModel, the problem might either come from the big warning,
that is in that code itself. Or be just caused by the code for creating
entries to a popup button being order dependent. Currently you have to
set the action and target first and should only than add entries to the
menu.

Fred