libtiff on MinGW

From: Stephen Brandon
Subject: libtiff on MinGW
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 20:56:18 +0100

Hi,

Has anyone got libtiff to compile satisfactorily on MinGW on
Win32? I know that gnustep-gui won't have a back end on
Win32 but as long as I can link to it our frameworks will be
happy.

I get errors with getopt and optarg not being found when
trying to compile libtiff pretty much out of the box. I
haven't had a lot of time to play with it, so if others have
been able to get further could you possibly explain how?

Thanks,
Stephen Brandon

ps I am working on a couple of scripts for more automated
CygWin/MinGW compilation. They are working fairly well now
and I'll post them tomorrow. It also requires a small change
to make/GNUstep.sh.in. Who do I have to persuade to check in
the change to CVS?