Re: [Fwd: building GNUSTEP with Custom '--prefix=']

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: [Fwd: building GNUSTEP with Custom '--prefix=']
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:13:24 +0100 (BST)

Ahm - did you read (or try) the ./configure code or did you just grep for
/usr/GNUstep ... ? because this shouldn't have made any difference if you
have actually run the gnustep configuration script before configuring - it
is only a default fallback.

Anyway, to make you happy that /usr/GNUstep is not hardcoded anywhere in
gnustep-guile, and to make me happy that users run the gnustep
configuration script before complaining that it doesn't work :-), I
modified ./configure in gnustep-guile to abort immediately if
GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT is undefined, rather than providing /usr/GNUstep as a
silent fallback.

(I already modified ./configure in the base library to do it - some time
ago -, and my feeling is that it's helping - it prevents users (myself
included :-) from wasting time compiling and installing stuff which is
uncorrectly configured so it wouldn't work anyway.)