Re: _objc_callback problem during compilation

From: Tom White
Subject: Re: _objc_callback problem during compilation
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:55:47 -0400 (EDT)

Zeus wrote:

> I have downloaded the latest package for cygwin, mingw, libobjc,
> gnustep-make and gnustep-base.
> I compile make and libobjc without any problems but i have problems with
> gnustep-base:
> I use a 'make shared=yes ' and when it tries to compile objc-load.o, I get
> the following message :
> objc-load.m:undefined reference to `_objc_load_callback'
> but I watched in the source and I found _objc_load_callback defined in
> obj-load.m
>
> I really don't know how to get rid of this problem.
> an someone help me ?

I think:

1) Get and install gnustep-objc-1.0.1. (read README.GNUstep)
2) Remove or rename libobjc.a under mingw's /lib dir so gnustep doesn't find it
3) In gnustep-base "make distclean" and ./configure again. Then make again.

Adam recently pointed out to me how important (3) is since the
configure script looks for the proper functions in the libobj library.

Cheers,
-Tom
     Tom White                                 tom@media.mit.edu