MacOSX compatibility : detachDrawingThread:toTarget:withObject:

From: Pierre-Yves Rivaille
Subject: MacOSX compatibility : detachDrawingThread:toTarget:withObject:
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:43:29 +0200 (MET DST)

I've noticed the following method in the Cocoa. Although it is not
well-documented (they only talk about this in the release notes), its goal
seems clear.

NSApplication
+ (void)detachDrawingThread:(SEL)selector
toTarget:(id)target
withObject:(id)argument

>From what I understood, to have a thread to draw something you would need
to create using this call, and to put the drawing code between
[NSView -lockFocusIfCanDraw] [NSView unlockFocus]
rather than
[NSView -lockFocus] [NSView unlockFocus]

I would like to implement this behaviour in GNUstep, however I have no
clue on how to start implementing it (not even on whether it can be easily
done).
Could anyone give me clue(s), hint(s), warning(s) or whatever might be
relevant ? I would be very thankful.

thanks,

Pierre-Yves Rivaille