core archive corrupted

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: core archive corrupted
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 06:27:03 -0700 (PDT)

I am still having this odd problem.   I have checked w/ some other people on
the list and they are seeing it as well.

Error follows:

core/base/Tools/gsdoc.m
core/base/Tools/indextemplate.gsdoc
core/base/Tools/locale_alias.m
core/base/Tools/pldes.m
core/base/Tools/plmerge.m
tar: Skipping to next header

bzcat: Data integrity error when decompressing.
        Input file = core.20010807.tar.bz2, output file = (stdout)

It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to *attempt* to recover
data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

tar: 104 garbage bytes ignored at end of archive
[heron@genoa heron]$

Later, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento