Re: compile problem with core/base

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: compile problem with core/base
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:07:55 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

thanks for reporting - it looked like a bug in gnustep-make - hope it's
fixed now - please try again with the newer snapshot/CVS <if you can,
please let me know if it works or not>

> Another question. I see the latest version is 0.7 . The version file in my
> download seems to think it's 6.7:

Yep - sorry - that file is confusing - the version there is no longer used
- I deleted the version there from CVS to prevent other people from being
confused.

the non-gui stuff is 1.0.2:
 gnustep-make is 1.0.2 (see core/make/Version)
 gnustep-base is 1.0.2 (see core/base/Version)

the gui stuff is 0.7.0:
 gnustep-gui is 0.7.0  (see core/gui/Version)
 gnustep-xgps is 0.7.0 (see core/xgps/Version)

all the respective Version files should be quite up-to-date.

but yes, we probably want to write some short but better explanation in
those top level file about the current versioning.